Bundt cakes just might be the best cake. They cook quickly and evenly, and they look great! This one is kind of like banana bread but taken to another level!
- 1 flax egg
- ⅓ cup 5 Seed Butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large banana, mashed
- ¾ cup non dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup oat flour
- ¾ cup Sunflower Seed Flour*
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and oil a 6 inch bundt cake pan or a loaf pan (if using a loaf pan the cake will need to bake for longer).
2. Mix together the wet ingredients, then add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Pour into the oiled pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden, slightly cracked on top, and a toothpick can be removed cleanly.
4. Let cool entirely before removing from the pan, then drizzle over melted chocolate and sunflower seeds, and enjoy! Store in the fridge!
*Sunflower Seed Flour occassionaly reacts with Baking Soda or Baking Powder to turn products slightly green. This is natural and purely aesthetic. To avoid, use 1/3 the recommended amount of Baking Soda or Baking Powder.
Other Recipes from Beyond the Equator You Might Like: