This fall recipe has serious flavor. Just look at the some of the ingredients: chocolate chips, caramel, maple, and pumpkin. And its vegan! 5 Seed Butter is also another ingredient and is a great allergy friendly substitute for peanut butter and almond butter.
Thanks so much to @thisfruitylife for this recipe. Check out her awesome profile and give her a follow!
•1/2 cup pumpkin purée
•1/2 cup maple syrup
•1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water, let sit for 5 minutes) •1/4 cup seed butter
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
•1 1/3 cup oat flour
•1/3 cup almond flour (or substitute sunflower seed flour)
•1 tablespoon cinnamon
•1/2 tablespoon baking powder •a pinch sea salt
•1/2 cup chocolate chips
Cream cheese layer:
•1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
•1-2 tablespoons nondairy milk
•1 tablespoon maple syrup
•1 teaspoon arrowroot (optional but helps the cream cheese bake into a nice layer)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a loaf pan with parchment.
2. In a bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, then add in the dry ingredients and mix until
3. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cream cheese filling ingredients.
4. Pour half of the batter into the lined loaf pan, layer in the cream cheese filling, then spread
the remaining batter on top. Optional to pour over top some vegan caramel or date caramel!
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, let cool entirely before slicing and enjoy!
*Sunflower Seed Flour occassionaly reacts with Baking Soda or Baking Powder to turn products slightly green. This is natural and purely aesthetic. To avoid, use 1/3 the recommended amount of Baking Soda or Baking Powder.
Other Recipes You Might Like: