A chocolate cake recipe to satisfy your cravings! This recipe was developed by This Fruity Life!
- 1 flax egg
- 1/3 cup Creamy 5 Seed Butter
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed Flour*
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and oil a cake pan or use a silicone cake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax with 3 tablespoons water) and let it sit for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients together, then add the flax egg.
- To the same bowl, add in the dry ingredients and mix until it is all incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden and a toothpick can be removed cleanly.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan, then top, slice, and enjoy!
We like to top with icing and mocha chip cookie dough bites!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Creamy 5 Seed Butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Roll into cookie dough bites, then if you want you can roll these in cacao powder.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge and enjoy!
*Sunflower Seed Flour occassionaly reacts with Baking Soda or Baking Powder to turn products slightly green. This is natural and purely aesthetic. To avoid, use 1/3 the recommended amount of Baking Soda or Baking Powder.