Looking to start preparing for your fall pumpkin recipes? Try this fantastic Chocolate cake recipe from Yummly is a real crowd-pleaser. It is gluten, nut, and dairy-free.
- 2 cups pumpkin seed flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the pumpkin seed flour, cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, oil, coconut milk, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together well.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Place the pan on the center rack in the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then run a knife around the edge of the pan and flip cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. It is delicious served with fresh berries and coconut whipped cream.