Our Berry Lemon Crumb Bar recipe is the perfect recipe for a hot summer's day.
- 1 cups oats
- 1 cup Sunflower Seed Flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 vegan egg (I used a chickpea egg but a flax egg would work as well)
For the filling
- 2 cups sliced berries/cherries (I did strawberries and cherries)
- Zest from a lemon
- Juice from a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together all the crumble ingredients except for the vegan egg. Once combined, remove ½ cup of the crumble and set aside. Mix the egg into the remaining crumble, then pour this into the loaf pan and evenly press it down. Bake the crust for 12 minutes, until lightly golden.
- While the crust bakes, mix together the filling ingredients, if using frozen berries then let them defrost/microwave them to defrost before mixing everything together. Pour the filling on top of the partly baked crust, sprinkle the remaining crumble on top and evenly press it into the filling.
- Let bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden and the top is crisp. Cool before slicing, top with more seed butter, vegan ice cream, or serve on it’s own (warm or chilled!) and enjoy
Check out some of our other RECIPES!