These delicious low carb waffles are the best way to start the day! They are easy to make and the ingredients can be tweaked and combined to make your perfect allergen free breakfast.
CRUNCHY KETO WAFFLES
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (cow's, cream, sour cream or coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 2 large pastured eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. Sunflower Seed Flour
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tsp. grain-free baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. Stevia or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- For Waffle Iron: Salted Butter
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Add the ingredients to your blending device in the order listed above (be sure you add the milk and eggs before the flours). Blend for 1-2 minutes, or until the batter is smooth. Taste for sweetness and adjust if needed.
- Apply a little salted butter to the bottom of the pre-heated waffle iron. (I use a cold stick and just rub it over the grates to let it melt just a bit). Pour batter into waffle iron, using 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter per waffle (this will depend on the size of your waffle iron). Cook waffles until light brown and then carefully remove waffles. Using 1/4 cup measurements, this should yield approximately 6 waffles.
- Serve immediately with salted butter or keto-friendly 5 Seed Butter and your syrup of choice. For extra crunchy waffles, place waffles in toaster and toast on a low setting (I used 2). This will make the waffle extra crispy on the outside.
Don’t have a waffle iron? This batter is just as effective at making delicious pancakes. Spread with 5 Seed Butter and top with raspberries for a truly delectable breakfast packed with essential vitamins and minerals.