This recipe for delicious trail mix bars comes from our friends at Wholesomelicious and Ocean Spray. Try these for the perfect fall snack!
- 2 cups nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Beyond the Equator Cranberry Seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8x8 square baking dish with parchment paper and create a sling up the sides. Lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Give the nuts a rough chop (you can leave some whole), but this will help you eventually cut them into individual bars. If your nuts are unsalted, add in a bit a sea salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the nuts, coconut flakes, dried cherries, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, and Cranberry Seeds.
- Pour the maple syrup over the mixture and stir until well combined and the maple syrup is lightly spread over all of the ingredients. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Firmly press down on the entire mixture with your hands or the bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 28-30 minutes. The mixture should be golden borwn. Remove from oven and let completely cool.
- Remove the mixture from the pan using the sling created with parchment paper and cut in half. Cut each half into 5-6 equal bars.