As we roll into a sun-kissed summer of backyard barbeques and poolside picnics, you may be looking for some new recipes to shake up your repertoire. If healthy, nutritious meals packed with protein and flavor and free of allergens are high on your list of priorities, then we have exactly what you are after.
We have rounded up a number of unique summer recipes that are completely nut-free. By including our 5 Seed Butter, we’ve boosted the protein content as well as added essential vitamins and minerals.
Should you require, you can also tweak these recipes to be allergen-free by swapping out:
- Sesame seeds for chia seeds
- Fish sauce and soy sauce for liquid aminos (choose carefully as some are derived from soy)
- Honey for maple or agave syrup.
- All-purpose flour for Pumpkin Seed, Watermelon Seed, Chia Seed or Sunflower Seed Flour.
- Cream and cream cheese for dairy-free or vegan alternatives.
Summer Spring Rolls With Seed Butter Satay
This delightfully fresh recipe from Fresh Off The Grid will have you dreaming of a dreamy vacation somewhere in Asia with zero travel required. We have modified and exchanged almond butter with seed butter to remove the tree nut component.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon or lime
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened 5 Seed Butter
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Black pepper to taste
- Rice paper wraps, about 12-16 medium-sized
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 large carrot
- 1 mango
- 1/3 small red cabbage
- 1 small cucumber
- Pickled Ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Put all Satay ingredients into a jar and mix or shake to combine. Add a little water to desired sauce consistency. This will last in a jar in the fridge for a few days so you can make a batch and take what you need!
- Lightly toast sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds in a small pan until they start to brown, remove quickly and let cool.
- Chop carrots and cucumber into matchsticks, and thinly slice mango and red cabbage.
- Soak rice wraps one at a time in lukewarm water until starting to soften, remove, and lay on a chopping board. Top with a couple of slices of each ingredient and a sprinkle of seeds, and pickled ginger.
- Fold in edges one at a time, rolling as you go to keep it tight. Pour satay sauce into a small bowl and use it to dip your summer rolls into.
Fresh Summer Stir-Fry
Crisp veggies and noodles tossed with a delicious sauce, what’s not to love about this easy Summer dinner from All Recipes.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup 5 Seed Butter (crunchy or unsweetened both work)
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips (Optional)
- 3 fresh basil leaves for garnish (Optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent (about 5 minutes.) Add garlic, jalapeno pepper, and ginger; cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in seed butter, water, tamari, and honey until smooth. Add shredded basil. Heat through, and remove from heat. Garnish with whole basil leaves, if desired.
Gourmet Thai Chicken Pizza
A delight for Summer mealtimes, this pizza recipe is made fresh through the use of cilantro and grated carrot.
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ½ tablespoons 5 Seed Butter
- 3 tablespoons brewed black tea
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 boneless chicken breast half, cooked and sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 small fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pour warm water into a small bowl; stir in honey until dissolved. Add the yeast, stirring until dissolved. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add yeast mixture and olive oil; stir well to combine. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Punch down the risen dough on a floured surface. Divide into two equal portions. Allow the dough to relax for a minute, then roll each portion out into a thin circle. Place on lightly oiled pizza pans.
- To make the sauce, place seed butter, tea, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a blender. Add chili oil, ginger, and honey; process until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, sesame seeds, paprika, chile peppers, salt, and 3 tablespoons of the sauce. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated. Spread the remaining sauce evenly over the pizza dough. Top with chicken, green onions, and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned. Garnish with carrots and cilantro.
No-Bake Creamy Seed Butter And Chocolate Chip Desert
Avoid standing by a hot oven with this delicious no-bake dessert from What’s In The Pan
- Take pie crust out of the packaging and keep it inside the foil. Do not turn it upside down or attempt to take it out. If you do, it will get crumbled and destroyed.
- Add cool whip, heavy cream, softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl. Beat until smooth with an electric mixer. Add seed butter and mix until blended well. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as well.
- Now add chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the prepared filling into the graham cracker pie crust.
- Place the filled pie into the refrigerator or even freezer until firm, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. This will make it easier to cut.
What About That Old Family Favorite?
If there is a family recipe that you fondly remember or wish you could still enjoy despite your dietary restrictions, Beyond The Equator can make it possible.
Our range of allergy-friendly products are made using known superfoods, these products provide everyday alternatives to high-allergen foods such as wheat flour, peanut, and tree-nut butter. This means your favorite recipes need not be discarded, simple swap and enjoy!
Enjoy your summer festivities and food to the fullest with Beyond The Equator.