Chia Tortillas and Wraps
Try this gluten-free wrap created using chia seeds from our friends at Meaningful Eats - full recipe here!
1/2 cup Chia Seeds
1/3 cup raw buckwheat groats
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup sorghum flour
2 cups warm water
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut two extra pieces of parchment paper the same size as the pan.
2. Place the chia seeds in a dry, high-speed blender. Blend the grain into a fine flour (or check out our Chia Flour!). Pour into a bowl and whisk in hte warm water slowly. Let the mixture sit while you prepare the remaining ingredients, no more than three minutes.
3. Place the raw buckwheat groats in the blender and grind into a fine flour. Add the buckwheat flour, flax, sorghum, salt, and olive oil into the bowl and stir vigorously to combine. The batter will be thick and sticky.
4. Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter onto the lined cookie sheet. You should be able to fit two tortillas per pan so space another 1/3 cup of batter on the same baking sheet. Place the extra piece of parchment paper on the batter and press in a circular motion to spread the tortilla. They should be about 1/4 inch thick, making them too thin will cause them to break.
5. Bake the tortillas for 6-7 minutes on one side. Flip and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes. The parchment paper should peel easily off the tortillas when they are done.
6. When you remove them from the oven allow them to cool for one minutes before taking off the paper. Don't let the tortillas fully cool inside the parchment paper or they will stick. Place the tortillas on a cooling rack. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Enjoy!
7. Store the leftovers with pieces of parchment paper or wax paper inbetween them in a sealed bag in the refrigerator.