Chia Crispbread Crackers
1/4 cup Chia Seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup oats
2 Tbsp flax seeds
1 cup water
1/4 cup refined wholegrain spelt flour (or try our Chia Flour!)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well using a spoon.
3. Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes as this allows the chia seeds to absorb some of the moisture, making it a thick dough .
4. Spread the dough out on a piece of non-stick parchment paper. Place a second piece of parchment paper on top of the first one and roll the dough as thin as possible with a rolling pin. Getting the right thickness can be a little tricky as the chia seeds can be quite gooey. Using a good non-stick parchment paper is essential.
5. When the dough is rolled thin, remove the top piece of parchment paper carefully to avoid messing up the thin dough.
6. Cut the dough into small squares using a knife or pizza cutter.
7. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
8. Let them cool for 5 minutes before breaking them up into small squares. Then serve.