Chia Oil Chicken Marinade
If you want to make the perfect chicken marinade that is also healthier for you, make sure to replace olive oil with chia seed oil. Chia seed oil is created by pressing thousands of pounds of chia seeds, creating an oil rich in Omega-3 essential fatty acids. Learn more about chia seed oil by reading our post titled “What is Chia Seed Oil?” Luckily, chia seed oil is so versatile it can replace olive oil in most recipes, giving you a healthy alternative that helps support your heart, brain, immune system, joints, skin, and more.
1/3 Cup Chia Seed Oil
1/2 tsp. of freshly ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. of Salt
1/2 tsp. of dried Thyme
3 cloves of crushed Garlic
3 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
2 sprigs of fresh Basil
1. Pour all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir or whisk until blended.
2. Place 2 raw chicken breasts and marinade into a Ziploc bag and seal shut.
3. Massage the chicken and spread the marinade across each breast while the bag is sealed.
4. Place the bag in the refrigerator and let it sit, the longer your chicken marinates, the more flavorful it will be.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Place the chicken into your prepared baking pan and pour the remaining marinade over the top.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
8. Flip each chicken breast and cook for another 15 minutes.
9. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked before eating, feel free to add extra herbs and spices to the chicken once cooked. Enjoy!